Check the next event organised by the Welcome Point!
Occasional self-sabotage is common, but when it becomes a pattern, it can interfere with your productivity and happiness.
Tell-tale signs of self-sabotage are ignoring the positive, creating one’s own storage of limiting beliefs and self-judgments, acting out of fear, and focusing on the past. Knowing one’s sabotage patterns helps to be more aware and create a strategy to counter-act.
It is especially useful, when working under stress and being measured according to achievements, but the self-sabotage can create troubles also in private life preventing one to live to the fullest one’s talents and potential.
In result one learns: to identify and get aware of own self-saboteurs, learn the tools and create personalised strategies how to counter-act, learn a practical model to be used in particular cases when one get’s stuck with self-sabotage.
The course includes:
- Presentation of most common patterns of self-sabotage: creating a ‘storage of limiting beliefs’ – ignoring the positive and focusing on negative – allowing fear to take over and guide one’s thoughts and actions – focusing on the past – comparing with others – settling for less to be “on the safe side” – mastering procrastination.
- Exercises and tools to find one’s self-sabotage patterns
- Strategies to overming your weakness, creating one’s own strategy and new thinking habits, boosting one’s strengths
- Exercise: Learning “force-field analysis” and “ants model” to deal with your self-sabotage and inner critic
- Staying accountable to yourself and some more tips and tricks!
The workshop will be conducted in English and will take place on 25th March from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm.
Workshops hours include a break.
The Volunteer Centre of the University of Warsaw
address: Dobra 56/66 00-312 Warsaw (University of Warsaw Library Building – BUW)
Who can participate?
- 2nd and 3rd year students of first cycle (Bachelor’s degree)
- 4th and 5th year students of uniform Master studies
- students of second cycle (Master’s degree)
Hurry up! The places are limited.
To register to the course please fill in the form.
Application deadline: 15th March (Wednesday) 2022, 12 pm.
Regulations of the workshops can be found here.
‘Goals setting for personal growth’ workshop is organised within the Integrated Development Programme at the University of Warsaw and funded by European Social Fund. The objective, pursuing at the University of Warsaw between 2018-2022, is to develop competence of students and employees as well as implement the instruments which upgrade the management process of the University of Warsaw.