We are pleased to invite you to our two workshops in the field of cultural orientation and Polish culture as well as onboarding at the University of Warsaw. These workshops are dedicated to new employees of the University of Warsaw, which contain basic information useful at the beginning of the adventure with the University of Warsaw and Poland.
Onboarding for international staff – practical training on the structure and culture of the University of Warsaw
- Dealing with Culture Shock and Acculturation Process
- Polish Academic Culture:
- Academic Values and Cultural Differences
- Organisational Culture of the University of Warsaw
- Structure of the University of Warsaw
- Dimensions of culture in the context of work in the Polish higher education institution.
Poland and Poles – Cultural Orientation Training for the International Staff of the University
- Polish Culture – a short overview:
- Important Figures
- Behaviour and Communication Styles
- Some aspects of living in Warsaw
- The Most Significant Polish Historical, Geographical and Cultural Contexts
- Important Dates and Traditions
- 24th November, from 4:00 pm to 7:30 pm – Onboarding for international staff
- 21st November, from 4:00 pm to 7:30 pm – Poland and Poles – cancelled
The Volunteer Centre of the University of Warsaw
address: Dobra 56/66 00-312 Warsaw (University of Warsaw Library Building – BUW)
HOW TO SIGN-UP?
In order to participate at:
- Onboarding for the International Staff, email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Poland and Poles – cultural orientation training, you need to register on the Kampus Platform using your CAS account.
It is possible to participate in both workshops.
- Onboarding for international staff – 18th November, 3:30 pm
- Poland and Poles – 13th November, 11:55 pm
Confirmation of qualification for the training will be given following the verification of the sign-ups. If you are qualified, you will receive an email from the Welcome Point after 14th November.
In case of any doubts, please email us: email@example.com
Course implemented under Action II.2.3. “Support of the relocation process of employees from abroad by introducing solutions facilitating involvement of new foreign employee to work at UW and preparation to stay in Poland” of the Excellence Initiative – Research University (IDUB) at the University of Warsaw.