In light of the spread of the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) we would like to kindly ask the University of Warsaw community members and our visitors to monitor the situation especially in case of recent or planned journey to China or Italy.
Epidemiological situation in northern Italy in connection with the Covid-19 coronavirus.
Due to emerging coronavirus (Covid-19) cases in northern Italy (mainly in the Lombardy region – in the province of Lodi – and in Veneto), the Italian authorities have taken a number of preventive measures to effectively protect public health and stopping the spread of the virus.
The Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs advises against travel to 11 municipalities quarantined by the Italian authorities because of the SARS-CoV-2 virus:
- in the Lombardy region: Codogno, Castiglione d’Adda, Casalpusterlengo, Fombio, Maleo, Somaglia, Bertonico, Terranova dei Passerini, Castelgerundo, San Fiorano;
- in the Veneto region: Vo ‘Euganeo (Padua).
In this situation, the University of Warsaw recommends:
- cancellation of trips of UW employees, PhD students and students to 11 quarantine municipalities in Italy;
- addressing to the Italian UW partners from 11 quarantine regions in Italy with a suggestion to cancel future arrivals of employees, doctoral students and students to the University of Warsaw.
The International Relations Office (IRO) is in constant individual contact with people planning a trip to Italy under the Erasmus program. IRO settles with the Foundation for the Development of the Education System – National Erasmus Agency formal issues related to possible shortening or cancellation of trips.
If you have planned a travel to China:
- Check the website of the airline you will be traveling with in order to see whether your flight is affected by any changes such as delays, cancellations or rerouting.
- Check the websites of the city and/or region of your destination to monitor the situation.
- If you are a student of a Chinese university coming back to China after a mobility period at the University of Warsaw, please contact your home University to check when will classes resume for the next term.
- If you are a student of the University of Warsaw accepted for a mobility to a Chinese university, please contact your faculty or International Relations Office to check any changes in the mobility.
- Monitor your health at all times. If you see worrying symptoms such as fever, cough and shortness of breath, contact medical services immediately.
If you have been to China within last 14 days, please be particularly careful and contact an infectious disease hospital if you see worrying symptoms such as fever, cough and shortness of breath.
If you need any assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact the Welcome Point, International Relations Office or your faculty at the University of Warsaw.
Ministry of Foreign Affairs strongly advise against all travels to Hubei Province, as well as the travels that are not absolutely necessary to other regions of China. Up-to-date information is available on the Website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (in Polish only).