Legalisation of stay – EU/EFTA nationals

Residence up to 3 months

Citizen of European Union can enter Poland and stay within its territory up to 3 months on the basis of valid travel document (passport) or other valid document confirming his/her identity and citizenship.

Over 3 months

An application form for the registration of residence should be submitted in person to a voivode having jurisdiction over place of residence (Wojewoda Mazowiecki), no later than on the next day following the end of the period of 3 months after the entry into the territory of Poland.

What documents are needed to submit

  • 1 copy of an application for registering the residence filled in Polish language,
  • a travel document (passport) or other document confirming identity and citizenship (1 copy + original for review)
  • employment contract

The document confirming the registration is a written statement valid for an indefinite period.

Where the documents should be submitted

Mazowieckie Province Office, Department of Foreigners (3/5 Marszałkowska Street, mezzanine, stand 21 (ticket with the letter I))

Office hours:

Monday 10:00-17:30
Tuesday 08:00-15:00
Wednesday 08:00-15:00
Thursday 08:00-15:00
Friday 08:00-15:00

Certificate of residence registration is issued free of charge.

Failure to comply with the obligation to register the residence is subject to a fine.

Details are available on the website.