All faculties of the University of Warsaw provide individual PhD programmes held in English that are aimed at international students. A potential candidate should contact a faculty they are interested in, in order to gain more information concerning individual PhD programmes.
Enrollment process for the PhD candidates differs depending on the Faculty.
The first step is to choose a proper faculty according to the scope of your interest. At the chosen Faculty you should find (with the help from the Faculty) a supervisor from the field of studies that covers the subject of your planned doctoral thesis.
The next step is to register in the Internet Registration System – especially for candidates from the European Union. After completing the internet form, submit the required documents at the faculty.
- an application form addressed to the dean of the faculty and an application printed from the Internet Registration System
- a certified copy of the master’s degree diploma
- your résumé (a history of education and employment)
- 3 photographs;
- an opinion of the master’s thesis supervisor (does not apply to all the faculties)
- an opinion of the future doctoral thesis supervisor (found at the Faculty)
- additional documents required by the faculty