The University of Warsaw has two dormitories for PhD students, Hera and Sokrates which have a single, twin and triple rooms and flats. Due to limited number of places, the accommodation depends on apartment/room availability.
How to apply?
You can apply for a place through the USOSweb system (you will be provided a login and password by your faculty).
- fill in a form (USOSWeb -> Common Section -> WNIOSKI choosing accommodation available under the Office for Doctoral and Post-diploma Studies (Polish name Biuro ds. Studiów Doktoranckich i Kształcenia Podyplomowego)
- print and sign the form
- submit it to the Office for Doctoral and Post-diploma Studies (Polish name: Biuro ds. Studiów Doktoranckich i Kształcenia Podyplomowego)
- Please attach a map that indicates a route from your place of residence in the country of your origin to the University of Warsaw (Krakowskie Przedmieście street 26/28, Warsaw).
- If you cannot submit the form with a map personally, please send the scan of the printed form with the map to the Office for Doctoral and Post-diploma Studies.
The above mentioned documents should be submitted at the beginning of the academic year. The date is set in accordance with quartering that takes place in dormitories at the beginning of October each year.
- Please note that if you do not appear on time, you will lose the accommodation.