UPDATE (18th March 2020) The situation is changing dynamically. In realtion to the new Rector’s statement regarding temporary limitation of the obligation to work at the university, the University of Warsaw Library suspends scanning books and articles ordered by readers.
Due to the extraordinary situation (closing of the University of Warsaw Library) it is possible to order scans from scientific materials (articles and books) from the collection of the University of Warsaw Library (BUW) free of charge.
Free scanning is available only for: students, doctoral students and staff of the University of Warsaw from March 16 until further notice.
Rules for making and sending scans:
- only materials not available anywhere on the Internet can be scanned,
- one person can order up to 50 pages at a time up to A3 size,
- we only perform black and white scans in the .TIFF format,
- orders will be processed on a regular basis according to the order of applications,
the service delivery time depends on the number of orders,
- BUW reserves the right to refuse a scan due to the poor condition of the book or journal,
- the condition of the contract is to correctly complete the Reprographic Service Order Form. In part A of the Form (ordering party’s details) the library card number should be added, we send scans by e-mail only.
For readers not being the University of Warsaw community members, the cost of scanning is 1 PLN 1 (a black and white format up to A3 size).
No other discounts apply when using this offer.
The delivery time for orders sent by persons from outside of the University of Warsaw is 2 to 3 business days from the moment the BUW receives the transfer for the service.
Orders send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The order forms and more information can be found here.