Legalisation of stay – EU/EFTA nationals

Residence up to 3 months

Citizen of European Union can enter Poland and stay within its territory up to 3 months on the basis of valid travel document (passport) or other valid document confirming his/her identity and citizenship.

Over 3 months

An application form for the registration of residence should be submitted in person to a voivode having jurisdiction over place of residence (Wojewoda Mazowiecki), no later than on the next day following the end of the period of 3 months after the entry into the territory of Poland.

What documents are needed to submit

  • 1 copy of an application for registering the residence filled in Polish language,
  • a travel document (passport) or other document confirming identity and citizenship (1 copy + original for review),
  • a confirmation, issued by the Faculty office, of acceptance or continuation of your studies/certificate of participation in a training course,
  • a document confirming health insurance coverage or the right to receive health care benefits,
  • a written declaration on having sufficient funds to be able to support oneself, or a proof of having the above-mentioned funds, e.g.: a credit card or declaration on having the funds in a bank or another financial institution.

Documents drawn up in a foreign language should be submitted together with their translations into Polish made by a sworn translator.

You have problems with filling in your application form? Try our instruction!

Where the documents should be submitted

Mazowieckie Province Office, Department of Foreigners (3/5 Marszałkowska Street, mezzanine, stand 21 (ticket with the letter I))

Office hours:

Monday 10:00-17:30
Tuesday 08:00-15:00
Wednesday 08:00-15:00
Thursday 08:00-15:00
Friday 08:00-15:00

Certificate of residence registration is issued free of charge.

Failure to comply with the obligation to register the residence is subject to a fine.

Certificate of residence registration is valid for an indefinite period of time.

Details are available on the website.
tel. (+48) 22 695 67 52.

Legal basis:
Act of 14 July 2006 on the entry into, residence in and exit from the Republic of Poland of citizens of the European Union Member States and their family members (Journal of Laws of 2006 No. 144, item 1043, as amended).