Health & Insurance

EU/EEA students with a valid European Health Insurance Card are entitled to medical help free of charge. All other international students use the medical clinics on a payment basis depending on the terms and conditions determined by their insurance company.


Health insurance is mandatory for all students for the whole duration of their stay in Poland. It is important to remember that each student coming to the University of Warsaw for short-term studies will be asked to present a proof of health insurance upon arrival.

International students and academics are strongly advised to purchase third party liability insurance and accident insurance in their home countries.

EU citizens are eligible for free health services in Poland providing they present a valid European Health Insurance Card.

EU citizens without health insurance in their countries of residence and non-EU citizens can sign a health insurance agreement with the Polish National Health Fund (Narodowy Fundusz Zdrowia) or with one of private clinics.

National Health Fund (NFZ)

List of state and private hospitals and health centres

Detailed information on healthcare in Poland for citizens of EU/EEA member states