Document requirements vary based on the type of studies you wish to undertake at UW. Short-term students (Erasmus+, coming within bilateral agreements or those who wish to study within the Visiting Students programme) are dealt with by the International Relations Office. Students who wish to study for a full degree (full time or part time) may need to meet additional requirements, specified by the Admissions Office. Below please find more detailed information about the documents you will need to prepare.


Before admission to University, candidates are obliged to attach (or send by email directly to the faculty/institute) scanned copies of required documents.

Upon arrival, new students must submit originals of required documents directly to the appropriate faculty or institute.

PLEASE NOTE that non-submitting required documents by specified deadline is equal with resignation from undertaking studies. In justified cases the faculty or institute may extend the deadline for submitting documents.


  • in case of application to first (BA) or long-cycle (MA) studies – original certificate of completion of a secondary school or an equivalent document (with a full list of final grades), entitling to undertake university studies in the country in which the certificate / document was issued
  • in case of application to second-cycle (MA) studies –higher education diploma (MA, BA, engineer diploma or equivalent) with a full list of grades obtained during the course of study, entitling to continue university studies in the country in which the diploma was issued
  • legalisation / authorisation of the above-mentioned documents (or apostille if the document was issued by an institution operating in an educational system in a country that was a member of the Hague Convention of 5th of October, 1961 abolishing the requirement of legalizing foreign official documents)
  • document stating that the certificate / diploma entitles to undertake or continue university studies in a country in which the certificate / diploma was issued (such proof should be issued or certified by the school or an educational institution which issued the certificate / diploma or by educational authorities of the country which issued the certificate / diploma or in which system of education the school operates)
  • original sworn translations into Polish language (or English language if a candidate undertakes studies provided in English) of all the documents listed above, made by a Polish (English) sworn translator (a list of sworn translators at the website of Ministry of Justice), or a sworn translator registered in any of EU, EFTA or OECD country, or a Polish consul in the country where the documents were issued, or an embassy or consulate of the country which issued the documents or in which educational system the school operates located on the territory of Poland
  • a certificate of recognition (nostrification) of secondary school (maturity) certificate / higher education diploma, if applicable [read more]
  • an application for admission printed out from candidate’s individual registration account in the Candidate’s Registration System and signed up by the candidate
  • a photocopy of an id (passport’s personal data page and page with visa). A copy must be certified by the UW upon your arrival to Poland
  • a colour photo (such requirements as for passport photo)
  • an application for issuing student’s id printed out from candidate’s individual registration account in the Candidate’s Registration System (it is necessary to attach a digital photo first)
  • a proof of student’s id payment (22 PLN); in case of foreign nationals residing abroad who can not make the transfer, proof of payment for the student’s id can be delivered upon arrival to Poland [read more]
  • if need be, the proof of candidate’s right to be admitted on the same rules as applicable to Polish citizens (for example: residence permit, Card of the Pole, etc.)
  • if applicable, a health certificate stating that there are no objections to undertake studies by a foreign candidate (if the health certificate was issued in a foreign language, a sworn translation into Polish language)
  • a certificate of proficiency in English (equivalent at least to the level B2) /in the case of a proper diploma, a language certificate is not required/, [A list of diplomas / certificates of proficiency in English, accepted in the process of recruitment]
  • if need be – additional documents, depending on the chosen programme of study

Also, be sure to check our detailed instruction on how to apply.

Here you can find all recruitment deadlines of first and second cycle studies for the academic year 2021/2022.

When you do not have any English language certificate

It may happen that you do not have any language certificate even though you speak English fluently. What to do then? Well, it depends on type of studies that you are applying to.

Candidates for 2nd cycle (Master) studies can participate in an exam or in an interview veryfing their English language skills if the unit, in which given programme is being held, allows that. In order to dermine whether it is possible or not, it is the best to contact a faculty.

Candidates for 1st cycle (Bachelor) studies (as well as candidates for Master studies who cannot undertake an exam/interview as part of their recruitment process) can participate in the Central Foreign Language Proficiency Examination (CFLPE). If the person passes the examination, he/she will be allowed to apply for studies without any other language certificate.

You can check our instruction on how to sign up for the CFLPE right here.

For information about PhD candidates click here.